Monday, February 20, 2012

The Handyman Didn't Show and Other Musings from the Weekend

I hope you all are having a nice Monday and had a nice weekend as well. I'm just now getting around to posting because, well, I wasn't much up for writing on Sunday night. Sometimes I just can't get motivated, especially when there's not much going on. I'm sure you understand.

Friday I got home from work at 4:32, expecting to meet the guy who did the repair work and laid the hardwoods in my guest bedroom a few months ago. I'm sure you remember the whole ordeal, including how it was supposed to take one week and in fact took four. Anyway, the guy was supposed to be there at 4:30 because the flooring in the doorway to the guest room is splitting at the seams and not surprisingly, he didn't show up. I stayed outside talking with my neighbor for a good 15 minutes or so and then went inside. He never showed and never called. I haven't yet called him back because I needed to take a few deep breaths before I picked up the phone. So, he will be getting a call from me in the next couple of days.

Friday evening, I met up with Jackie and Maria at the movie theater to see The Vow. I will have more to say on this subject at a later date - probably tomorrow. After the movie, I went home and watched a little television and called it a night. I lead such an exciting life.

Saturday morning I went to the gym for spin class and then went to Publix for my weekly grocery store run. I saved about $33 with my coupons this week! After Publix, I made a run by Mr. Donut because no weekend is complete without a few sweets from Mr. Donut. The remainder of Saturday was spent watching TV, napping, and cleaning house. I also watched The Help, which was just as delightful the second time around as it was the first.

Also on Saturday I received a wedding invitation to my friend Patrick's wedding. Patrick is the son of my friend Phil who passed away in January 2011. I'm thrilled for Patrick - he has found a lovely bride in his betrothed Meredith and I am excited about going to their wedding on March 24. Admittedly, I became quite weepy eyed when I opened the invitation because I know how much Phil will be missed at this joyful occasion. I wish Phil was still around to share in Patrick's happiness.

On Sunday, I braved the rain and sleet and went to church where I thought I was going to have to teach the toddlers for what feels like the 1,000th service in a row. Since I am the coordinator for this group, I have to fill in any time one of my teachers is out. I have a co-teacher on Sunday mornings that has maybe made it three Sundays this whole quarter. I am the primary teacher on Wednesday nights so needless to say I have been in that classroom on Sundays and Wednesdays without a break for what feels like an eternity. I think my teachers for this next quarter will be more reliable and I hope to have a three-month break from teaching children. I'm pretty ecstatic about it to be quite honest.

I had a really great nap on Sunday afternoon and cooked a roast for dinner along with some mashed potatoes and I plan to have some leftovers for dinner tonight after my evening trip to the gym. About 9:30 I decided to go on to bed but do some reading before I called it a night and as I was reading, The Tide decided to throw up on the bed. It was less than lovely as you can imagine. I don't know why she can't just throw up on the floor instead of on the bed. So, I had to strip the sheets and duvet and throw everything in the wash and mop the floor. I made her go outside while I did all of this because I was pretty ticked; especially considering I knew she was about to do it and told her to get down. So, tonight when I get home, I will have to put some sheets on the bed for the second time in three days. Oh well, that's how it goes I guess.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Can't wait to read your blog on movie night. If I knew you had roast and mashed potatos at your house I would've gone there for lunch today:)

Erika said...

Mr. Handyman would be on my LIST!!! Oooo that makes me mad, and it's not even my house!
Looking forward to the upcoming movie review.

Denver Handyman said...

I am totally agree with your ideas Erika great you have said..
Thank for post.