Sunday, February 26, 2012

Many Moons and the Sun Too

Friday night my dad and I went to see the Fantasy Playhouse production of Many Moons. My mom was supposed to go with me, but she hasn’t been feeling well lately and so my dad went instead. The play was one I had never seen before nor heard of for that matter. It was about a king wanting to get the moon for his sick daughter. It was funny and quite good. Jackie and the kids were at the same show. My dad and I were on the very front row and so during the second half, Troy came down and sat with us, or on us I should say. He was quite the wiggle worm, but finally settled in on my dad’s lap. It was quite adorable; I sure hope the good Lord blesses my dad with some grandkids one day.

Fantasy has one more show on the schedule this season. Rapunzel will be showing in April and you can go here to check out show times and ticket prices. These shows are always well done and kid friendly. You should check it out if you are looking for something to do with your family.

Saturday morning after the gym, I spent a couple of hours at the church building readying the toddler classroom for the spring quarter. I switched out the lesson and put up some new decorations. I’m actually taking this quarter off from teaching the little ones and am teaching the older ones instead. It’s a welcome break in my book. After working at the church building, I headed out to Schoolcraft to pick up a few more things for the classroom and then finally made it to the grocery store.

It was a beautiful weekend weather wise. The sun shone beautifully both Saturday and Sunday and the temperature wasn’t too cold, which is really no surprise considering we haven’t had much of a winter. It actually felt like fall. I spent the remainder of Saturday napping and cleaning house and catching up on TV.

Sunday afternoon I finished up decorating the classroom with the things I purchased on Saturday and then came home and watched the Oscars, which is what I’m doing right now as I type this. I would like to be a seat filler at the Oscars one day. And wasn’t Octavia Spencer’s dress just perfect! Loved it!

Overall it was a rather low key weekend, which is always nice. I hope you all had a nice weekend too!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Loved Octavia Spencer!! She is adorable. Angelina looked emaciated and she desperately needed to stick her leg back in her dress.
Loved the play! Thanks again for getting us season tickets every year.

Erika said...

Sounds like a nice weekend, even if low-key!