Wednesday, February 8, 2012

And So It Continues

I don’t have much to write about this week. I was planning on putting together another list of seven tonight but I’ve just got home from church and I want to be a lazy bum and watch television shows from the DVR (I love you, DVR!).

Anyway, you’re probably wondering what me having nothing to write about has to do with the title of this post. Well, if you’ve followed along for any length of time here then you probably know that my Jim Brickman post gets the most hits every day, week, month and year – no kidding. Apparently there are a lot of Jim Brickman fans out there – who knew? I, however, do not count myself among them.

Occasionally I’ll still get a comment on that post; in fact, it’s the most commented on post. Well, it’s been a while since I’ve gotten a comment until today! And y’all, it is the best Jim Brickman comment ever! I loved it. Here is what it said, “Hi Nat, I haven't been to a Jim Brickman show in several years but I have attended a number of them in the past because I used to work for Jim and I can vouch for what you said about Jim being full of himself. That's actually putting it mildly. I'd be willing to bet that most of the people who described Jim as "warm," "a sweetheart" or whatever haven't actually known him personally. As is the case with many entertainers, what Jim shows the public is VERY different from what he shows you in private. In fact, they're pretty much polar opposites. Most of us who worked for Jim when I did were not fans of his (or fans of his music, for that matter). The phrase "drama queen" is probably the first one that comes to mind when I think of Jim. For what it's worth, I've worked with other musicians since Jim and most of them have been very nice people -- even the ones who are more famous than he is. So it's not a matter of fame. I think that there are well-known people who are nice and well-known people who aren't nice, as with pretty much any category of people.”

BEST. COMMENT. EVER.

Whoever left it did so anonymously, but anonymous is my new friend – I love you, former worker of Jim Brickman! Seriously, this comment made my day. Hopefully you will get a kick out of it as well!

4 comments:

Alison said...

Wow! Very interesting.

Erika said...

Awesome! I know that made your day :)

Melissa said...

hilarious :)

Jackie said...

Funny!!