Thursday, February 23, 2012

Good Customer Service

I wanted to chat with you for a minute about some awesome customer service I received recently. I am pretty sure I have mentioned here before one of my favorite places to shop - Boden. I don't often purchase from Boden because they are quite expensive, but sometimes you can catch a lovely sale and pick up some things for a bargain, well, a bargain for Boden that is. Twice (that I can remember) since I have been a Boden customer, I have received a $10 gift certificate just because I haven't purchased anything in a long while, which was the case this past week. Since I received this surprise gift certificate this past week, I decided to look through the clearance items and found a shirt that I ended up getting for $13 with free shipping. Ye-ah!

While I was on the site, I noticed a little blurb about returns and how it said if you are not satisfied with your purchase you can return your item for up to one year. Back in the fall, I had ordered a couple of items, one of which was an adorable sweater which I love. It has horizontal strips and in fact was worn in my first round of Christmas photos which Jackie took. However, after the first wash, the sweater got a hole in the shoulder, which really made me mad because I liked this sweater a lot and also Boden clothes typically hold up VERY well. In fact, I have a few Boden items that I have been wearing for over six years that still look great. So, after seeing the blurb about returning items for up to one year, I decided to email them (this was on Wednesday night)

Today, I received an email back from customer service saying that they were going to refund my money for the sweater and they also sent me a return label to use to return the sweater to them. Most companies wouldn't dream of treating their customers in such a caring manner; but clearly, Boden has the best interest of the customer in mind, and it is so refreshing.

This isn't the first time I have had a pleasurable experience with Boden customer service. At the same time I purchased the sweater I had purchased a dress which didn't fit well (it was too big and looked like a potato sack on me) and so I sent it back the next day. After a couple of weeks, I had not received an email notification (yes, they email you when they receive your return) nor had I received a credit to my card so I sent an email to them asking if they had received my return because I had never had the process take so long. They had not received the dress, but went ahead and refunded me my money. I have no idea if they ever received the return but the fact that they went ahead and refunded my money is enough to make me a customer for a lifetime!

I don't know about you, but I am often frustrated with the "customer service" I receive and it is so nice to actually deal with a company that care about their customers and offers superior customer service Another company I recently dealt with, Coldwater Creek, also showed great customer service. I returned a dress to them as well and sent them an email asking about it and they responded within 24 hours and offered further assistance. I don't know about you, but these are the types of companies I want to shop with for years to come and I am happy to share their names with you.

Some other notes:

I have something scheduled for every Saturday between now and April 14 - just the thought of all those Saturdays with something on the calendar makes me exhausted. Not to mention the fact that at some point during that time lawn mowing season will start back up. I should probably try to stockpile some sleep before spring.

I think I may have mentioned (or not) that the circus is coming in April. The tickets go on sale Friday and I've given my dad the assignment of going to pick up some tickets for us and also Erika who will be joining us once again this year. It's a new show this year and looks like it will be pretty good. I don't know how it has ended up that the circus comes to Huntsville every year. They used to only show up every other year, but for this will make four years in a row that the circus has come to town! Awesome!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay for good customer service!! I hope y'all have a fun circus time! We loved the show when it came to Nashville.

Erika said...

So excited about the circus!

I definitely try to support places that offer good customer service. That's why I pay 50 cents more for a grocery item at Publix than Wal-Mart! hehehe