Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Random Notes For Wednesday

A few notes of interest for this Wednesday:

1. Loretta Spencer is running for mayor of Huntsville again (municipal elections to be held August 28) - if you've read this blog for any length of time then you've probably heard me mention Loretta on one or 10 occasions. I love her! I think she was an awesome mayor and I look forward to placing one of her sign's in my yard and giving her my vote come August.

2. I was perusing twitter on Monday night and one of the feeds I follow is a listing of jobs available in the Huntsville area. A job popped up for a store manager in Huntsville for H&M! I have not even heard a whisper regarding H&M opening a store here; but if they do, I will break down in tears of joy! Tears of joy, I tell you! Have any of you heard that H&M may be opening a store any time soon? I know it's not going to be this spring because it's not listed on the Spring 2012 openings list. I Googled H&M and Huntsville but nothing came up. Surely they are planning on a store here some time soon or else why would they have a store manager position open. If y'all hear anything about this, please let me know! Tears of joy, people! UPDATE: Since I wrote this, my lovely cousin Alexandra has found out that H&M is coming to Bridge Street in June! If it opens on a weekday, I'll be taking the day off! H&M! In Huntsville! I can hardly believe it! I think I may start a countdown. I've never so looked forward to June in my life!

3. Downton Abbey season two wrapped up on Sunday night. It was every bit as wonderful as I though it was going to be and I am so very sad that it has ended. I will now have to wait until next January to before I can see a new episode. In the meantime I will just sit around wondering what the Crawleys and their servants are up to in the "off-season". My friend Lisa is now watching and she's gotten through at least the first five (maybe more) episodes in two days. It's so good, y'all!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I've never shopped at H&M, but I'll check it out if it is actually does come to Bridge Street.