Friday, February 17, 2012

Four For Friday

It's Friday - which means that some of you will be getting two posts for the price of one today because I posted on Thursday night and scheduled this post to go up on Friday morning. I wanted to make sure Erika had plenty of reading material to kick off her Friday morning.

Here's a list of nothing in particular to end the work week.

1. I really love music; this probably comes as no surprise to those of you who know me. I downloaded the Adele 21 album this past week and love it. If you haven't checked it out (and you probably have because I'm the last to know about new music that is actually worth listening to) then you should. I am also, as you probably know, a lover of Harry Connick, Jr. and his music always lifts my spirits. He is just so lovely!

2. The flooring I had repaired back in the late summer needs some repair. Some of the seams are coming apart at the entrance to that room. The guy who put the flooring down is supposed to come over Friday afternoon and take a look. Here's to hoping he shows up and comes up with a solution that doesn't involve weeks of labor; and in case you were wondering, no I don't plan on paying him anything because it shouldn't be coming apart. That's all I have to say about that.

3. This spring quarter (March - May) on Sunday mornings I will be co-teaching the Ladies' Class at church with my dear friend Janet. We would love to have you stop by (well, if you're a gal anyway). The subject matter is I and II Timothy. I checked out my teacher notebook last night and much to my delight, my dad had checked out the very same notebook four years ago. I thought that was rather interesting/neat.

4. When it comes to vanilla (for baking), I'm a bit of a snob. Two years ago I won a gift certificate to The Spice House and in addition to other things, I ordered some pure vanilla from Mexico and have been ordering it from there ever since. I always get the eight ounce bottle which surprisingly lasts me about a year. They keep a record of what you order and it would appear that I've ordered once eight ounce bottle each year for the past three years (including this year). I just got a new bottle in this week which is very exciting. This time I also ordered some vanilla bean paste which is basically the inside of the vanilla bean in a paste form. It can be used instead of buying a vanilla bean and scraping out the insides. I'm excited to use this as I've never tried it before.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Thanks for all the lovely reading material this morning :) What a nice surprise to find two posts!
I hate that about your floors....you've had enough trama over that!
Happy Friday.