Thursday, February 9, 2012

Let's Make It Eight

This is all I got, feel free to move on to some other more informative corner of the interenets.

1. Do any of you watch Glee? If so, did you see this week's episode with Ricky Martin? Sweet Mercy! He may be gay, but he has some major sex appeal! He makes me want to be livin' la vida loca!

2. The gal I share a cube with is an interesting person. When I first moved in to her cube, she never cursed, apparently she was trying to quit but I never heard one swear word out of her mouth. For the past two weeks, however, it's been another story. She's been cursing a lot and I really don't understand why because we are under less pressure now than we were two months ago.

3. Philadelphia Brand (you know, Philadelphia Cream Cheese) has a new product that is out of this world! It's called Indulgence and it comes in three flavors, milk chocolate, dark chocolate and white chocolate. I bought the milk chocolate because I had a $1.50 off coupon and folks, it is so good. You are supposed to dip pretzels, fruit, etc in it, but I just eat it with a spoon because that, my friends, is how I roll.

4. After lunch today my stomach became upset. I suppose that was my punishment for not eating the sandwich I brought and instead eating food from our cafeteria. I guess I was just looking for a chance of pace, but ended up with an upset stomach. Tomorrow, I will definitely be eating the lunch I brought today and may never grace the doors of the cafeteria again. Thankfully, my cursing cubemate had some Rolaids she shared with me and those were able to somewhat calm the rocky waters in my belly.

5. It's almost the weekend, for which I am very thankful. I live for the weekend, don't we all? I don't really have any big plans. I do intend to go see a movie on Friday night and then will be getting a haircut on Saturday as well as making my weekly stop at Publix and no doubt will detour to Mr. Donut for my weekly dose of deliciousness - that is assuming my stomach is feeling better by then. I also plan to clean, and clear out the DVR and go to church. Then Sunday evening Erika will be stopping by for a marathon of The Pioneer Woman's cooking show. Should be a good weekend. AND - it's going to be cold! Finally a winter weather weekend!

6. As mentioned I'm getting a haircut on Saturday and I don't think I've ever been so anxious to get my hair trimmed as I am this go around. I get a cut every eight weeks and this time I need it so desperately! I'm going to have some layers put in as well because it's starting to look just dull and boring. Man, I can't wait! I wish I could pamper myself with a massage and a mani and pedi as well, but sadly, it's not in the budget this week.

7. I wish the Department of Education would send out a certificate when you pay off your student loans. I would probably have it framed and hang it on the wall beside my diploma!

8. It seems like every time I put an earbud in my ear to listen to my iPod at work, someone calls or comes over or needs something from me. Just once I'd like to be able to listen to one song without it taking 30 minutes from start to finish.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I'll have to check out that new Philadelphia product - I love strawberries dipped in chocolate!

I'm getting my hair done tomorrow too - we will be so beautiful for our PW marathon! lol

Jackie said...

I don't normally watch Glee but I did see a few minutes with Ricky Martin and he is SMOKIN!! I also get interrupted just about everytime I put my earbuds in as well. It's a conspiracy.