Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Beloved Brown Shoes

About 100 years ago, or at least 12 years ago anyway, I bought a pair of brown shoes made by Steve Madden. I remember the day I bought these shoes as if it were yesterday. I couldn’t tell you how much they were, but probably around $50 if I had to guess. I remember there were a dark brown pair and a light brown pair of the same style and I opted for the light brown, or camel colored pair. I guess you could say it was one of the best purchases I have ever made because to this day, I still wear these shoes – at least once a week, often more than once. They w ere even the shoe of choice in my 2011 Christmas card.

Needless to say, after wearing these shoes for at the very least 12 years, quite possibly longer, my beloved brown Steve Madden shoes are about to meet their demise. Parts of the tip of the shoe have chipped off and now the top of the sole in the right shoe has cracked and basically, I have got to break down and get a new pair at some point. The problem is that I’ve had these beauties for so long that every other brown shoe on the market pales in comparison. Why can’t Steve Madden just make me a new pair of these? After all, most of the Steve Madden shoes on the market now are just atrocious! I think good ole Steve ought to bring back this classic pair that goes with everything!

I may take these to the cobbler to see if he/she (I’ve never known a female cobbler) can do something with them , like resole them and give them a good polishing or whatever it is you do to these type of shoes. I don’t think polishing is the right word but they need some sort of sprucing up, the cobbler may not be able to help my cause, but it’s worth a try I suppose. Perhaps if the cobbler can help these shoes will last another 12 years and by then, Steve Madden will come out with a retro line that will have these shoes in it. A girl can only hope.



Here are some photos of my beloved browns:






3 comments:

Candy said...

I don't think I have ever seen you in these before. They look worn out and comfy! I hope a shoe place can help you out. Kendra takes her shoes to a place on the corner of Bob wallace and Triana...she said they do a great job. May want to ask her about it?

Alison said...

I would definitely try to take them to a cobbler. That way if they do a good job you can hold them to the sky and yell "They LIVE" a la Frankenstein. It's what I would do.

Erika said...

Those look really good on you!
I think they might be fixable, although it might cost more than you originally paid for them!
That place at Bob Wallace & Triana is good. Also, Steve does a good job there in the Rosie's shopping Center down south - he's the one that stretched out my boots.
Keep us posted!!!