Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Eavesdropped In On The Solution

You probably know by now that I seem to often have problems with my sinuses. I end up with a sinus infection every time the weather changes, or at least the seasons. It’s quite a curse, if you ask me, but one I deal with because I live in the land of pollen.

Last Wednesday, I overheard a conversation before our morning meeting. One of the guys said that he had heard eating local honey would help with allergies. I had never heard that before, but was willing to give it a try because I was close to finishing my medication from the doctor and on that particular day was feeling quite terrible.

So, after work on Wednesday, I stopped by Ayers Produce and bought some local honey, made in Meridianville by Bill Mullins, whoever he is. I then stopped by the liquor store, yes, Aunt Linda, the liquor store, and bought some bourbon. I wanted to make a hot toddy that evening so that I could get a night of good sleep.

After church that evening, I ate a few spoonfuls of honey and then made a hot toddy and soon after went to bed. Ever since that night, I have eaten at least one, usually two spoonfuls of honey a day and I am here to tell you, I am feeling so much better. My eyes have not been watering and my nose hasn’t been dripping as much as it was. The soreness in my throat finally went away on about Sunday. I really do think it’s helping!

If you have trouble with your allergies and sinuses, I would definitely recommend giving it a try. I feel better than I ever have in the spring and that’s saying something. I guess you need to like honey, otherwise it might not be a good solution for you. I have been a lover of honey since I was a young child thanks to my parents who used to put honey on my pacifier. I’m sure parents wouldn’t dream of doing that nowadays. But, in the 1970s, it was a-okay. If you give it a try, report back and let me know if it’s working for you as well as it is for me.

5 comments:

Erika said...

I have heard that, and I started putting honey in my coffee. I also love a hot toddy when I don't feel well :)
Glad you are feeling better!

Alison said...

You crack me up. Your poor Aunt Linda. The things she must put up from you! :D

Yes, local honey is supposed to be good. Hope you keep feeling better!

Jackie said...

I have heard about that and I am going to try it. So Ayers Farm here I come. I feel like my ears need to pop and won't so I think it's either allergies or sinus!

Candy said...

Call me young or just stupid, but what is a hot toddy? Glad you are feeling better :)

Matt said...

This has worked with our one allergy boy.