Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It’s Voting Day in Alabama!




For those of us who live in Alabama, it’s voting day! If you know me at all, then you probably know that I am a lover of voting! I think it is one of the greatest priveleges we have as Americans. I remember filling out my voter registration form the week of my 18th birthday. I think I mailed it in the day before I turned 18.

I’m proud to day that I’ve never missed a day of voting; even when I was in college, I voted via absentee every time there was a chance to vote. I would always request from Judge Riddick, our probate judge at the time and a dear friend of mine, to send me the “I Voted” sticker. I don’t know if it was him or he told his assistant or whatever to do it, or maybe they include it in all absentee ballots, but I would always receive about three “I Voted” stickers in my package from the courthouse. I like to think they were sent to me special so if you know otherwise, don’t spoil it for me.

Someone at work on Monday said, “I’m not going to waste my time to go vote tomorrow.” I’m pretty sure my blood pressure sky rocketed at that moment. I just had to walk away without saying anything. I don’t know why anyone would skip out on an opportunity to vote. If you do, maybe you can tell us why in the comments.

I plan to be at my polling location bright and early when the doors open at 7:00 a.m. because to me it doesn’t get more American than being able to cast my vote. So, get out and vote Alabamians! If you happen to need me on Tuesday night, I’ll be by my television watching the results come in, probably with a pen and paper by my side.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I voted!!

Candy said...

I voted with all 4 kids in tow ;) So if I can, anyone can! HA! BTW since you can't see FB I'll paste my status here...

Candy Hill Lamica
Just went to vote. On the way back to the car JC says "I wish I could vote!" Silas says "I wish I could drive!" I looked at Rossi for his thoughts and he stuck out his tongue and blew a spit bubble. Nice. :)

Erika said...

I don't understand why anyone would not vote! I was sick yesterday, and my sweet mom took me to vote.
If you don't vote, then you can't complain about the results :)