Monday, March 26, 2012

It Was a Party All Weekend

Well, I don't know about you, but I certainly had a busy weekend; and, by the time Sunday night rolled around, the last thing I wanted to do was sit down and write a post. So, I'm a day late getting things started here this week; but hopefully all will be forgiven.

Friday night I managed to mow most of the back yard on a very high setting and knew that without a doubt it would have to be mowed again on Saturday. I also managed to pull up two dead tress from the backyard and the holes in which they once stood now pose a hazard every time I walk in the general area. No doubt I will have to fill the holes with mud so I (or The Tide for that matter) don't break a leg.

Saturday morning I woke up early to do a little cleaning before I went to the gym and then after the gym I mowed the front yard and the back yard again. Thankfully the yard is at least now somewhat manageable provided I don't wait weeks to mow again, which I don't plan on doing. I will also have to bring out the weed-eater on the next go around because some areas around the house are in desperate need of a trim and the lawn mower can't reach. So, I have that joy to look forward to.

After mowing and showering, I did a little more cleaning and then got all dolled up to go to a wedding. My friend Patrick got married at Grace Lutheran Church and then the wedding reception was at the Huntsville Museum of Art. It was a nice ceremony, but the best part was that they had a bagpiper play when Meredith walked down the aisle and when she and Patrick left the building. It was awesome! He also played when they were introduced at the reception. The food at the reception was also really good. They had chicken fingers and rolls at one table and a cheese and bread table and then the main course was roast beef or chicken with potatoes and carrots, asparagus and a squash, broccoli, zucchini mixture. The bride's cake was red velvet and white and was kind of dry, but the groom's cake was chocolate with peanut butter frosting and was very moist and quite delicious! They had a DJ mixing tunes for the dance floor and I must admit I kicked up my heels and did a little dancing. It was such a fun night!

Speaking of weddings, a guy I work with also was married over the weekend. He came in to work on Friday and worked half a day then drove to Biloxi with his girl and got hitched. I thought that was so strange that he would come in to work and then get married in the evening. He was back at work today as if it was no big deal. Totally cracked me up.

On Sunday, I cooked birthday dinner for my mom, whose birthday is today, March 26! Happy Birthday Mother! We had chicken tetrazzini, salad, garlic bread (thanks Cheryl!) and apple dumplings for dessert. It was pretty good if I do say so myself. I made it home about 8:30 Sunday night, cleaned up the kitchen, watched one TV show and then called it a weekend. I was more than tired by the time I hit the bed and I did not want to get up this morning.

I'd like to think the next few weekends were going to be a little less eventful, but that couldn't be further from the truth. At least I will have something to write about! Sadly, I'm not sure what I will write about tomorrow seeing as how I've told you everything that happened over the course of the last three days, but maybe I'll be able to think of something. I hope you had a great weekend as well and that your week is off to a tremendous start!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Wow - I got tired just reading that :)
I'm also hungry for "wedding food" now!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a busy weekend!! Here is a post topic for me....uh, I mean, for you....I am on the third, and last, Hunger Games book. You have directed me to the last several books I have read - the Dragon Tattoo series, The Help, and now The Hunger Games. AND....each time, I have loved the book and/or series. So, PLEASE, consider writing a post on book recommendations :) Love ya!