Tuesday, March 27, 2012

She’s Not Sure She Can Help

On Monday night, we had our monthly Ladies’ Night Put event for the gals at church. We got together at the home of one of my favorites, Idova and she grilled hot dogs for us. We talked and ate and had a really fun time.

Before the night was over, we played a game called Songburst. This particular version was songs from the 1950s and 1960s. I would read a few words from a lyric and the two teams would try to guess the name of the song. The participants were supposed to sing the song which didn’t always work out so well. The toughest part for me was when I did know the song – it was hard for me to not sing.

Somehow during all of this singing and reading of song lyrics, I ended up showing the girls my not so awesome dance moves; particularly the dance moves I used when I was at Patrick’s wedding reception on Saturday night. Well, needless to say, the ladies got quite a kick out of those dance moves of mine.

Myrtle, who is the sister of Idova, basically told me that my dance moves were terrible and that she needed to teach me some moves. After the game was over Myrtle told me she had taught all of her girls to dance and that she in fact won a dance competition when she was younger – I have got to get more information about that!

I demonstrated some more of my dance moves and she told me not to move my arms around so much. I told her I could not wait for these dance lessons she is going to give me. She probably will try to pass on actually showing me something, but I will not rest until I learn some sweet dance moves from Myrtle!

Sadly, as she was leaving for the night she told me she didn’t know if she could help me – apparently my dance moves are that bad! I assure you, I will keep on Myrtle until she gives me some dance moves and of course, I’ll be sure to tell you all about my progress right here on The Chronicles of Nat!

3 comments:

Erika said...

LOL! Can I barge in on Myrtle's dance lessons??? Goodness knows I could use some too!!!

Kimberly Washer said...

Please video these lessons. Thank you!

Alison said...

You should come to Zumba with me sometime. It's scary. Scaaary! I just repeat to myself, "As long as you're moving, you're burning calories". I try to remind myself that it's not a dance contest. If it were the judges would be screaming, "MY EYES, THEY BURN!"