Thursday, March 15, 2012

Movie Experience and Review: The Lorax

Last Friday night, I joined Jackie and the kids for a viewing of The Lorax, based on the Dr. Seuss book of the same name. I have never read the book, at least I don’t think I have and I just realized I have a copy of it in my bookcase in a collection of books called Six by Seuss. Maybe I’ll give it a read here in a bit.

Anyway, Jackie had emailed me about going earlier in the week and I agreed even though the only 7:00 showing not sold out was in 3D, and y’all know how I feel about the 3D! Jackie went to the theater during the day on Friday to purchase our tickets because she was afraid it might sell out, which is now kind of funny when I think about it because the theater was pretty empty. Before I left to meet the gang, I got a text from Jackie. Ashlyn had asked if I was still going and when Jackie said I was, Ashlyn said, “Yes!” and maybe even gave a fist pump. I found that to be quite the ego booster.

I met the gang a little before 7:00. Ashlyn brought along a friend as did Troy and then another of Jackie’s friends and her son came along as well. We were quite the group; the adults in a trio, the girls in a duo and the boys in another trio all on one row.

The movie wasn’t too bad. It kind of dragged in some places I thought, but the kids really liked it and that’s all that mattered. I was a little drowsy from taking medicine before the viewing so that probably had something to do with hindering me from fully enjoying the show. The movie had a good message as well and that’s also important in today’s take everything for granted society. The best part I thought was the singing and dancing numbers. I seriously thought to myself that it would be fun to sing along to on the way to work or just when you’re cleaning house or whatever.

Sadly, nothing of great interest took place during the show. No one snorted or sneezed or talked loud or anything that I’m used to when going to the movies these days. After the show was over we all went our separate ways and I said a little prayer for Jackie who had to go home with Troy who had enjoyed an Icee during the show. Bless her heart; that was one hyper child.

So, if you’re looking for something to take the kiddos to, then check out The Lorax. They will enjoy it and you probably will too!

No comments: