Thursday, March 8, 2012

I Think It Was The Country Air

I'm sick again! Just when I thought the Spring pollen might pass me over and spare me from the dreadful sinus infection, it didn't and in fact it has hit me like a ton of bricks. A little warning would have been nice. The past few times I have been sick, it has come with no warning whatsoever, whereas in the past, I would at least feel a little bad before I was sideswiped with a full-on sickness.

At any rate, my throat started tingling on Wednesday night and by Thursday morning my throat was in full-on pain. It was pretty miserable. I mean, there's not much worse than a sore throat, can I get an amen? I don't know if it was the country air out in Hazel Green that caused it or what, but no matter the cause I'm feeling rather dreadful.

I went to the Quick Care Clinic at Propst Drugs after work today to see if the good folks there could help me. I’ve been there twice before and had a nice experience both times and figured I would be sitting here writing nice things about this experience as well. Apparently my insurance company has increased the co-pay for Urgent Care places from $20 to $40. So, after waiting an hour and mulling this over, I decided to get a refund on my $40 and schedule an appointment with my primary care physician instead. I don’t know about you, but $20 is a lot better than $40 in my book, even if it means suffering a little longer.

So, tomorrow morning I have grand plans to go in to work around 6:45 to get in a little extra time so I can visit the doctor without it affecting my paycheck. I have a little sick leave I can use if necessary and let’s face it, I probably won’t make it by 6:45, but I might. In the meantime, I have sufficiently drugged myself and hope to get some sleep this evening.

In other news, my new brown shoes arrived today and although they are not as grand as my beloved browns, they might work out okay. I will still be on the lookout for some shoes that are just like my beloved browns.

I hope everyone has a great Friday. It’s always nice to end the week on a good note. Hopefully I will too once I get some good drugs from the doctor!

3 comments:

Erika said...

Oh no! I hate you are sick again; hope you feel better soon.
Glad you like your new shoes!

Jackie said...

Sickness sucks! Hope you feel better with a quickness. Looking forward to tonight:)

Alison said...

$40? No. Our co-pay was increased to $25 from $20 and I'm very grumpy about that as I've been to the doctor so much this year already with sleep apnea getting sorted and my sacroiliitis. Ah well, getting healthy is an expensive business. I hope you feel better very, VERY soon as being sick in the spring is no fun.