Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Past Couple of Days

Well, hello there. No, I didn’t blog yesterday. There’s not much going on right now and last night, I just couldn’t conjure up anything to write about. I’m not sure tonight is going to be much better, but I will give it a try.

Work has been super busy this week, which has been great because I love to have busy days; it makes the day pass faster and I feel like I actually accomplished something when I come home at night. On Tuesday night, my friend Kendra and I went out to the boonies to have some clothes hemmed. Kendra and he sister Candy use a lady named Wava to do all their alterations and I had two pairs of jeans that needed hemming; so, we rode out there together because Wava was working on a coat for Kendra and needed Kendra to try it on.

Anyway, Wava lives way out and I was glad Kendra went with me because I’m pretty sure I would still be driving around if she hadn’t been along to tell me where to turn because Wava didn’t give the best directions in the world. Wava pinned my jeans and worked on Kendra’s coat and then we were on our way back to the big city. When we got back to my house, we had gumbo for dinner because I had made a large pot over the weekend and needed someone to help me eat it. I think it was the first time I had ever spent time with Kendra one on one as we are usually in a group of people when we are together; so, it was nice to be able to hang out with her, just the two of us.

On Wednesday I went to work and afterwards made a run by Target to pick up a prescription and a couple of other things. I used to have no problem with the Target pharmacy but the past few times I’ve been they have not run my prescription. I have a discount card on file and they either don’t use it or don’t use the right one. Today was no exception; they had not used the discount card at all. I didn’t get ugly with them, but I did, once again, express my frustration with the prescription never being right. A lady that was there with her mom passed along some nice words to me and told me to hang in there. See, there are some nice people in the world, after all.

On my way home, I noticed a missed call from Wava and I thought she might have a question about my jeans; so, I called her back. She asked if I was the girl who had called about the prom dress. I said no, I’m the one who came out with Kendra last night. She said, well, I was trying to find the girl who called about the prom dress. Clearly, not me. Maybe she found the right girl, who knows?

Since it was the beginning of the quarter at church, we had dinner at the building. The menu was hamburgers and hotdogs, potato salad, green salad, corn on the cob and cobbler. It was good and always nice not to have to cook dinner before church.

So, that pretty much sums up my past two days. I’m now watching Survivor and wishing that Colton had been the one voted out. He may be from Alabama, but he is an idiot if you ask me. Until next time…

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So ready for Colton to go, too!!! UGH!

Alison said...

Hmmm...may have to get Wava's address if she does a good job...

Erika said...

Yes; let us know how Wava does. I'm assuming she's very good as Candy and Kendra would probably need a lot of things altered, and they always look super cute.