Friday, March 16, 2012

The Photo

As mentioned previously this week, we celebrated my granddad’s 80th birthday on Saturday. Well, not only did he receive some gifts, but I got one too.

My grandmother gave me a copy of a photo I have wanted for years. It’s a picture of my great-grandmother, Lizzie, standing in her back yard with her dairy cow. The photo was taken in 1940. The backyard she is standing in is my backyard now. Yes, a dairy cow once lived and roamed in my backyard. There was also once a well there and an outhouse. Clearly things have changed.

I don’t have a scanner, but took a photo of the photo to share with you here. Happy Friday!


1 comment:

Erika said...

Love it! So glad you have a copy now. It's crazy to think about how differently that area looked in 1940 compared to now. You should take a pic of you and The Tide in the backyard for comparison :)