Wednesday, December 2, 2009

American Idol Christmas




Last night the American Idol girls got together for a Christmas party of sorts, which included a Christmas sock exchange. We met at the lovely Erika’s house, which was decorated quite beautifully. She had an awesome spread of food as well, of which I neglected to take a photo (update - see below - Erika sent a photo for me!). She prepared all the food herself, which included seven layer dip, homemade salsa, fruit dip and apples, cheese and crackers, chicken ball, and chocolate chip cookies. I hope I am remembering everything. She also made her famous fruit tea which was as delicious as always!






I thinks this is a great picture of Candy.





The soiree was attended by Amy, Candy, Erika (of course), Kendra, Lisa, Michelle, Shawna and me. Our group had not been together as a group since September so, needless to say, we had a lot to talk about and catch up on. The night was spent telling stories and catching each other up on various events in our lives and also involved a lot of laughing, which always makes for a nice evening.





Kendra and Candy having a good time



After a couple of hours of eating and chatting, we had our Christmas sock exchange by playing dirty Santa. Only two gifts got stolen. I got the last number and had my pick of the litter, but decided to just open up the last gift and let everyone keep what they had.





Lisa looks intently at Erika as she tells a story.



Perhaps the funniest part of the Christmas sock exchange was that Candy and Kendra, they with the shortest legs, both got the only two pairs of knee high socks that were brought. They could probably pull them all the way up their thighs if they wanted. We got a big laugh out of that. Kendra’s were also toe socks, which made for even more laughter when she was trying to get them on her feet.





Lisa got Kendra and Candy a pair of socks that would actually fit their feet


It was a good night and we all had a lot of fun. I was even able to do a Jim Brickman demonstration for them. I am really thankful for these girls and for their friendships. They each hold a special place in my heart whether I’ve known them for 30 years or five.





The gifts under the tree




Erika starts us off




Afterwards we took a photo with our new socks.




The spread of food prepared by Erika!




The group photo - Erika set her timer. This was before Michelle and Amy arrived.





I chose to eat off of this plate because it said "Girls love to be a little naughty"




Kendra with the knee high toe socks




Lisa originally opened the knee high socks that Candy stole




Michelle with her socks - looks like they were so bright they blinded Amy




Shawna with her socks




I'm assuming I'm laughing at Candy and Kendra putting on their socks; but don't know for sure. Whatever it was I thought it was hilarious!

No comments: