Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Movies

Guess what my loyal readers? Yesterday’s post was the 100th on this blog. Very exciting indeed and I didn’t even realize it until today. I’m so observant.


Monday night was rather boring and I once again have no pictures to share with you – my apologies. I did eat at Olive Garden with church folks last night, which is always good for filling up your insides and making you feel as though you are going to bust at the seems, but hey, it’s the holidays!

After dinner I came home and watched Meet Me in St. Louis. Have you ever seen it? I bought it last year sometime after Christmas, but last night was actually the first time I had ever watched it. Jackie will probably poke fun of me. You see, she finds it crazy that I haven’t seen a lot of the older movies that she has seen. I guess my parents’ weren’t big movie watchers when I was growing up. Since I’ve gotten older, I watch movies as often as I can, but still haven’t seen some of the old classics. So last night it was Meet Me in St. Louis, and it was delightful.

For the past couple of weeks I have been making plans to watch Christmas movies and it seems every time I plan to watch one something else comes up and I don’t get to watch. So, I’m happy to say that for two nights in a row now I have been able to watch something “Christmassy”. I have also been watching bits of Elf before I go to bed at night. I absolutely love that movie. It makes me laugh every year!

I also like the Home Alone movies, as well as The Family Stone, Love Actually, and a couple of my all time favorites are How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the old cartoon version) and the old version of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I always looked forward to these coming on TV when I was a kid.

How about you? What’s your favorite Christmas movie?

3 comments:

Candy said...

Jack Frost, Christmas Vacation (hello, why didn't this make your list?), Elf, The Home Alones are pretty good, Charlie Brown Christmas, How the Grinch stole christmas (cartoon and new version)AND A Christmas Story. I love watching this one with my Dad. He finds parts in the movie he swears "he's never seen before" even though he's seen the movie a million time. Each year he finds it funnier and funnier which is actually funnier than the movie itself :)

Jackie said...

I am so glad you finally watched "Meet Me In St. Louis"!! I loved that movie as a kid and it is still one of my favorites.

Mary McLaughlin said...

We always watch "Die Hard"...the original. It's become a tradition. I personally love Love Actually and The Family Stone...but being the only "chick" in my house I don't often get to watch those! Last night I watched one of my all-time favorites, but not a Christmas movie..."Gone with the Wind!"