Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm Back!

Well, I rejoined the land of the living today. I had grand plans of baking this past Saturday and for enjoying a dinner at Mikato with Tony, but that all came to a screeching halt when I woke up with a stomach virus on Saturday morning. I don’t think I have to go into any details there. Needless to say, this was one of the worse ones I have ever had and I ended up having to stay the weekend with my parents so that they could look after me. I thought I was going to die. But, 24 hours later my stomach was feeling a little better and I was able to go home late Sunday afternoon.


Yesterday I stayed home from work because my stomach still wasn’t feeling up to par and Lisa brought me some chicken soup she had made. It was yummy! Thanks, Lisa. Today my stomach still feels a little queasy, but I’m gonna try to tough it out here at work.

So, as a result of the weekend’s unplanned festivities, I have nothing interesting to write about. On my way in to work this morning, I was listening to Christmas songs and decided to write about that. I really love Christmas songs; and, surprisingly, I am not yet sick of them this season. My favorite album to listen to at Christmastime is by The Statler Brothers, called “Christmas Collection: 20th Century Masters”. I think the original album was called “Christmas Card”. This is the album we listened to every Christmas growing up.

When we would travel to various places at Christmastime we would sing Christmas carols. Usually when we were in the car we would sing church hymns, but at Christmastime, the hymns were replaced with our favorite carols. One of the songs we would sing was “Winter Wonderland”. When it got to the part, “Later on, we’ll conspire as we dream by the fire,” I would sing, “Later on wilken spider…” Now, I had no idea why “wilken spider” was in this song nor did I know what a “wilken spider” was; but that’s what I sang and it was many, many years later before I knew what the correct words were.

I hope everyone has a nice Tuesday, and that you have all your Christmas shopping done. Only three shopping days left (including today)!

No comments: