Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow In Alabama!





It snowed this past Saturday! The weather folks predicted it, but I didn’t really think it would happen. That’s how things go around these parts. But, sure enough when I woke up at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, there was a blanket of snow on the ground. Can you call it blanket when it’s less than an inch?


There wasn’t much snow, but what little there was quite pretty. I love snow. When I lived in New York for a year, I got really excited for our first big snow of the season. One of the men in my department wrote a note on my farewell card months later “thanks for reminding us that snow can be fun.” I guess when you’ve been around snow your whole life it’s not as much fun as it is when you’re a Southerner who thinks snow is a novelty. I took some photos of the snow before it all melted away. Check them out below.

In other news, I’m headed to Nashville this afternoon to meet The Pioneer Woman. Say a prayer for my safe travels! It’s supposed to be raining and storming all afternoon and evening and I’m not too excited about taking this trip solo. I hope to be back with you tomorrow with a story of travel and adventure! Until then…



























No comments: