Monday, December 14, 2009

Unadventurous Weekend

Christmas – it’s only 10 days away! Can you believe it? I know I can’t. It seems that this month has really flown by! Have you finished your Christmas shopping? I have two more gift cards to purchase and then I am officially done. I had most of my shopping done before Thanksgiving this year.


Well, I had a rather unadventurous weekend; which means no pictures were taken to share with you. Try not to cry. It will get better, I promise. Friday night, I had an assignment for The Huntsville Times. If you care to read it, you can go here.

On Saturday I took The Tide to the vet for her annual shots. How it is I ended up with a dog that gets $150 worth of shots in December I will never know. I should have planned that better. I also made my Christmas cards on Saturday and got those ready for mailing; and cleaned house, my Saturday ritual. Saturday evening I headed out to the big city of Arab for a work Christmas party. I went solo since Tony is still on his man trip. Two other folks from my group showed up with their spouses. It was an interesting evening to say the least and I was more than happy when I was able to leave and head back home.

Sunday was spent attending church and napping. I also watched Four Christmases. I had never seen it before and it wasn’t too bad.

So, as you can see it was a rather uneventful weekend, which is nice from time to time. I added a Christmas Countdown at the bottom of the post and the bottom of the blog. I was going to put it to the side, but half of it got cut off; so I put it at the bottom. Hope it doesn’t freak you out when you realize you don’t have much time to finish up your shopping.

Since it’s Monday and I don’t have anything fascinating to write about (like teenagers having sex in a movie theater bathroom), let’s have a giveaway! I purchased some Christmas colored recipe cards recently to give away here on the blog. They are super cute. I should have taken a picture, but the camera is still recovering from all the PW photo taking from last Tuesday night. If I remember correctly, they are trimmed in red with white polka dots and they may have some green on them too. I don’t know for sure. Just take it from me, they are cute. If you want to enter the contest, just leave a comment on here and tell us what you love to bake at Christmas time. Good luck to both all the folks who enter! The contest will end Thursday morning at 7:00 a.m.

Have a good week!





3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love to bake anything around Christmas time....cookies, dessert bars, cakes...you name it!

Mary McLaughlin said...

Last Friday, my sweet daughter-in-law, Stephanie, and I baked, baked, baked. We made peanut butter fudge, chocolate fudge, Nestle Toll House mudbars (my favorite batter to eat!), almond shortbread bars, peppermint bark, Oreo balls, and sugar cookies. She is so artistic and loves to decorate the sugar cookies! Then on Saturday I made chocolate chip cookies, brownies (for Bo!) and peanut butter cornflake cookies. I don't eat any of it but give it all away! If you want anything, let me know! Happy holidays! And, thanks for the reminder that the year is slipping away! Love you! Mary

ps I need to get my chopper! And, I don't want to win anything else. Just wanted to let you know that I so enjoy reading your blog!

Candy said...

I love to bake white chocolate and cranberry cookies. They are super easy and oh so good! Enter me in the contest please! Thanks :)