Thursday, December 3, 2009

Jaelynn's First Birthday





Wednesday night after church, I accompanied my Aunt Linda to her great-granddaughter’s (and my fourth cousin’s) first birthday party. It was the first time I had ever seen little Jaelynn. That is one bad thing about growing up – you don’t see your cousins as often because you all have busy lives of your own.








My aunt had told me how much Jaelynn looked like Jacob, and boy was she right! That lovely little lady is the spitting image of her father, my cousin. She is absolutely adorable. She was very happy the whole time we were there and seemed to be enjoying herself. She had lots of little playmates there and I told my aunt, that was the part about little ones that sometimes got on my nerves – the chaos. I guess I’ll have to get used to it when I have children of my own.

While we were there, I had my aunt, my cousin Cecelia, Jacob, and Jaelynn pose for a picture – four generations! How very lucky!









There was lots of good food and everyone was really chatting it up and having a good time. When it came time to open the presents – well, you should have seen all the gifts this child got! She is very loved, that’s for sure! She sat in her mother’s lap for a while, while Kacey opened the gifts. One of the gifts had a sippy cup in it and Jaelynn tried to get a drink out of it. The cup was put away, but she found it again and kept trying to get a drink. Either it was her favorite gift or she was very thirsty.








I took this photo of Jacob and Jaelynn. It would have been really good if Jacob had been looking at the camera. Every time I looked at Jacob last night it reminded me of my brother. Justin’s hair was once long and curly and stuck out from under his baseball caps like this. Jacob’s look and mannerisms reminded me so much of Justin last night that it was hard to look at him without tearing up.








Finally it was time for the cake! Cecelia got the cake from Edgar’s Bakery in Birmingham, and it was as delicious as it looked. Cecelia had taken them an invitation from the party and they made the cake look like it.










They also made this little cake for Jaelynn to tear in to.








Jaelynn enjoyed playing in her cake and we enjoyed watching her. She is a beautiful girl and I wish her many more happy birthdays!















1 comment:

stevenjared0853 said...

In love with the cute baby. Hope her birthday was well celebrated by mom and dad. Have seen many exquisite venue New York for my grandparent's vow renewal party next month. Not able to finalize one for the lovely couple. Wanted to have a memorable event with all our near and dear ones.