Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas - A Week Away!





It’s one week until Christmas Day! Do you have your shopping done? I do; Tony doesn’t. This probably does not come as a surprise to you, the reader. Surprisingly, I am not yet sick of Christmas music and I still have many Christmas movies to watch.

This Saturday (the Saturday before Christmas) is supposedly the busiest shopping day of the year. So, if you don’t have a need to go to the mall, I would suggest you stay at home. I know that’s my plan. I have some grocery shopping to do; but, with any luck I will get that done this evening after work. I plan to bake some goodies this weekend. That is provided I can motivate myself to do the baking.

What kind of holiday traditions do you like best? One of my favorite things to do is go to the mall on Christmas Eve and people watch. It is so fun to watch all the last-minute shoppers run around in a panic – especially when the announcement comes that the store will soon be closing. If this is something you have never done, you must try it. You will not be disappointed. This year, Tony and I are doing something new which I hope will become a tradition for us – Christmas Crackers! Have you ever heard of them? If not, read up. It’s a British tradition and can be a lot of fun – who doesn’t love a surprise. Crackers are mentioned in the Harry Potter books; and I’m sure you’ve seen Brits wearing paper crowns in various Christmas movies.

I wish I had something fun and entertaining to tell you all; but, alas, I do not. I have no big plans except for watching the Survivor season finale on Sunday night. And I’m crossing my fingers that Tony will take me out to Mikato tomorrow night (Wouldn’t that be so nice of him?!) If he does, I may be a big dork and take my camera along. Why not? I’ll never see those folks again.

One last note; today is my friend Erika’s birthday! Happy Birthday Erika! I'm still waiting on you to have your roller skating party!




2 comments:

Janice Bell said...

Tell Erika Happy Birthday from me too. I'm enjoying your blog.
I'm glad Tony is a live and well. I feared he had an accident.
I did some Christmas shopping today and got a call from Ashlyn telling me her Mommy pulled her loose tooth. Guess who came to visit last night. You got it. The tooth fairy and she got some money. Her party was so much fun today. We made snowman cup cakes and also made a snowman ornament. Plus Cooper gave her a chocolate lollipop. Sweet.
Love,
Jan

Candy said...

That sounds like fun! I love to people watch and have never thought about going to the mall. If you go, look for a little person on a scooter - it's my Mom. She ALWAYS waits until the day before to finish her shopping. Say hi to her for me :)