Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ashlyn's Dance Recital

This past Saturday was Ashlyn’s dance recital. I think this was her third one; but the first one I’ve had the opportunity to attend; so I was really looking forward to it. When I was in grade school, I used to go to dance recitals every year since all of my friends were dancers. I never took dance and was always a little jealous of those who did. I don’t think my parents could afford it or maybe they just didn’t want to afford it. Who knows? What I do know is that my lack of taking dance as a child has greatly contributed to my lack of coordination and dance skills as an adult. You can’t win ‘em all I guess.

Ashlyn’s dance group did a number to “Walking on Sunshine” and wore pink outfits with yellow shorts. They all looked so cute and did a really great job.

After the show we went to eat at Little Rosie’s – it was Jackie, Ashlyn, Troy, Tim, Jan, and me. I had a great time. I think we stayed there for an hour and a half or longer just talking and catching up. Now that Tim and Jan go to a different church, I don’t see them as often and I really enjoyed spending time with my other family.

Troy rode with me to Little Rosie’s and on the way announced that he had to go to the bathroom… right now. So, I drove by my friend Shawna’s house so Troy could use the facilities. Thank goodness she was home! It was a really funny experience and one that I’m sure we will never forget. It’s not often that people stop by just to use the bathroom.

Here are some photos from the show:


Here's Ashlyn dancing the afternoon away!












This is my favorite! I love the jump!


Ashlyn with Jackie


Ashlyn with me


Some of the moms of the dancers got together and did the dance from Thriller. It was rather funny.
They did a great job and their costumes were really well done!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh that's awesome! Thanks for posting the pictures! They turned out really well. I gotta get a camera like yours.

Melissa said...

Cute pics. Let me assure you that childhood dance lessons don't necessarily translate to dancing/coordination skills as an adult. I took dance as a child and did not like it one bit. Whatever skills I did pick up on have been long gone....HA!
I think it's a great thing to involve kids in these types of group activities. Looks like they were having lots of fun!!! Plus, it probably tires them out...which all of us parents appreciate :)

Unknown said...

I read your blog to Ashlyn and showed her the pictures and she was giggling. They are so good. I'm telling you that you should start taking pictures for people and make some money. Ashlyn was thrilled that you came and she has talked about it to me. I enjoyed that you came because you are family and we miss you. Loved eating with you and when we get back and I get on some kind of schedule I want you and Tony to come over for dinner. Love you, Your other Mom