Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Jiminy Crickets and Other Ramblings

I feel like I work at a bait and tackle store these days and this is no exaggeration. I don’t know what it is about the office area where I work but it seems to be infested with crickets and other sorts of wonderful bugs and the incessant chirping is about to drive me batty. It also makes me wonder if this bug invasion is what led me to be sick last week. Who knows; maybe I should just catch these critters and hand them over to my dad so they can be swallowed by a Tennessee River bream; which I can then in turn eat. Hmmm…

In other news, I took down the curtains in my bedroom over the weekend and washed them along with my bed skirt and the blinds in my bedroom. My bedroom has a door that leads to my front porch which I never used but I cleaned the doors and what do you know it’s like a whole new view. I guess I didn’t realize it was so filthy. Let me tell you when you own a house it seems the work is never done. There’s always something else around the corner that needs repaired or cleaned or cut or painted or you get the picture. I’m exhausted just thinking about it all.

What are ya’ll watching on TV this summer? I’m still watching Deadliest Catch, one of my most favorite shows of all time, and I have a feeling that this week is the episode where Captain Phil dies, and I just know I’ll be crying like a baby. I just love that man. There shouldn’t be many more episodes left, which makes me sad, but there’s always next season.

I have also started watching a show on NBC called Persons Unknown. The previews for this show intrigued me and so I recorded the first episode to watch and haven’t missed one yet. I am hooked. The show is about a group of people that have been kidnapped and taken to a remote location. They cannot escape and they do not know why they are there. Every week there is so new twist and turn to the plot and I literally cannot wait for the next episode to come out. I’m not sure if this show is getting good ratings or not, but I will be highly upset if NBC pulls the plug. It comes on Monday’s at 9:00 p.m. Central and if you want to catch up on the first three episodes, check them out here.

I also started watching the reruns of Glee, which are awesome. I don’t know why I didn’t start watching this when it came out last fall, probably because I figured Tony would make fun of me; but readers, this show is really fun!

I love Sun Chips, but the new bag is too loud and it’s rather annoying. You definitely can’t sneak around eating those.

LeTour de France starts one week from Friday and my prediction is a win by Frank Schleck. I think Tony is going with Contador (aka Pistolero) this year. Regardless of who wins I am looking forward to seeing Dore Holte run alongside the cyclists on the mountain stages. I sure hope he’s there.

Well, I guess that will do it for random thoughts today. Jackie and I are headed to Atlanta on Thursday for an adventure at Six Flags and who knows what else; maybe a baseball game. I’m not sure if I’ll be back with you tomorrow; but if not, I hope everyone enjoys their week and weekend and I’ll catch up with you next week!

No comments: