Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Me and my Daddy after an Alabama victory at LSU!


I hope all the father’s out there had a Happy Father’s Day! Every year for the past three or four years, I have cooked meatloaf for my dad on Father’s Day. I realize that meatloaf may not sound like a delicious dish to most people out there; but my dad loves the meatloaf I make. Since no one else in the family really likes it, he requests the dish every year on Father’s Day and I guess you could say it’s become a bit of a tradition.

My dad’s parents, my mom’s dad, my parents, brother and I all enjoyed lunch together which also included, creamed potatoes, fried squash, green beans, coleslaw, cornbread, and deviled eggs. It was a really good meal if I do say so myself! I meant to take photos of everything and everyone but I wasn’t feeling great yesterday and just wasn’t up to taking photos.

What about everyone else? Do any of you have any Father’s Day traditions? I suppose because there are a lot of absentee dads out there, Father’s Day doesn’t get as much respect as Mother’s Day. So, I just want to give a shout out to my dad, Steve, who is the best father a girl could ask for! He has taught me so much and is always there when I need him. I have been blessed to have such a loving, caring father in my life and I hope all of you have the same.

1 comment:

Alison said...

That's so sweet Natasha. Sounds like you guys had a great lunch. :)