Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday Movie Review - Grown Ups



Last night Tony and I went to see Grown Ups, starring Adam Sandler, David Spade, Chris Rock, Kevin James, and Rob Schneider.

Tony and I both love Adam Sandler. He has been one of my favorites for a long time. His old movies, although at times crass, are absolutely hilarious I think. No matter how many times I watch them I always end up laughing. His newer movies are equally as good, even with a more grown up (no pun intended) tone. He’s also very believable as a serious actor in movies such as Spanglish and Funny People. I’ve seen almost ever Adam Sandler movie and have never been disappointed; so, I was excited about seeing this film.

I had seen a lot of reviews prior to the film saying that this one was a bust. As I’ve mentioned on here before, a lot of times, movies with ensemble casts are often not that great; so, I wasn’t sure what to expect and went in hoping that the film would have more laughs than just the scenes from the previews.

As soon as the movie started, I was laughing and I didn’t stop until the film ended. Overall, there’s not a strong plot throughout the film, but it was fun to watch and a great film to see if you want to just go and have a good time. Watching this film is literally like watching a bunch of friends get together and have a good time and I could see this gang of friends ending up together at the lake every summer. This was also a good family movie. There were lots of kids and teenagers when we went and there really isn’t a lot of swearing in the film, which makes it a great movie night for the whole family. If you’re looking for a good laugh this upcoming holiday weekend, check out this film; you will not be disappointed.

Tony's take: pretty good.

No comments: